JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Echoing while on call

(Topic created: 11-10-2023 08:39 PM)
Mia13
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Is anyone else s23 ultra echoing when on the phone? I can hear myself echo/ feedback when I'm on the speaker phone with someone.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S23
Being that the person using Snapchat has a different carrier. There is a slight delay. This is what I was explaining to you before. It's not your phone
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S23
@Mia13 Please accept my answer as "Accepted Solution" if you have found my explanation to your question to be satisfactoy. I hope that I have assured you that your phone is working within normal operating parameters. Thank you!
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S23
***We like to think that our communications are instantaneous. However, most of the time we don't perceive that there is any delay. However, as can be demonstrated, and replicated. When both caller's are using Speakerphone, and are on Different Carrier Networks. There will be an Echo Effect. We're talking mere Milliseconds here.

Usually it's not an issue because usually we can't hear the other party's phone. But it does happen. It's not your phone or the other caller's phone. This is normal.

You can even replicate this effect for yourself by having two phones. Call one phone and answer the call. Hold both phones to your ears. You will hear the Echo Effect in one of the phones. (In this instance even if both phones are on the same Carrier Network) I have done this myself. I hope that my detailed explanation will help many people who have encountered this.***

****This tip will also alleviate the effect as well: Turn Mono Audio ON! This SOMETIMES works***
Mia13
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
What is mono audio?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S23
Mono Audio Sets the Sound Output of your Phone to Output the Sound from only one Speaker instead of both speakers. Technically this isn't something that a user should have to do. But in some cases it will fix the echo. Not always though!