Original topic:

Extend unlock

(Topic created: yesterday)
hexank
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Is there an option to unlock phone without using biometric or password, just by using connected Bluetooth device galaxy watch. But I only want it to be unlocked when my watch is very near like 3 or 4 feet unlike just being connected to it

4 Replies
JollyCello
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

@hexank not possible, I wish they would add this.

0 Likes
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S23
It's possible to create a Mode or Routine that keeps your phone unlocked while it's connected to a specific Bluetooth device such as a watch, but it only detects whether the watch is there or not. It doesn't have any way to detect how far away the watch is.
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
You cannot unlock your phone without a pin/password/biometric. You can disable security measures and not have to worry about it. You can use a connected device, such as a watch to enable extend unlock, but you will still have to use your unlock method every 72 hours, after any missed call or text or after a restart or after you go out of range and come back. This is for your own protection. If you use the BT connected device for extend unlock, it will be unlocked only while you are in BT range of the watch - up to 50 feet. If you are going to be out of eyeball range of your phone but still connected by BT, you can put your phone in lockdown mode (enable lockdown mode in secure lock settings). When returning to your phone, you will have to unlock via pin or password to continue with extend unlock.
NickeyName
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
That would be a great feature. Like Apple does with unlocking MacBooks with the Apple Watch.
0 Likes