Original topic:

Flashlight disappeared

(Topic created: Monday)
CaptainRavioli
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
My flashlight disappeared from my s23 completely was wondering if that was apart of the update or a bug thankyou
8 Replies
Options
Galaxy S23
Are you sure it somehow accidentally didn't get removed from your quick access buttons?
CaptainRavioli
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Yeah I checked there first then searched all apps is gone
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
Did you switch system apps on when you searched all apps?
0 Likes
0riginulll
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S23
This camera light may cause temperature burns when in prolonged contact with the skin.. avoid..per my phone flashlight . Less is more imo This was the notification i saw when i used the flashlight on my phone.
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23

If your flashlight disappeared and you looked in the quick panel (even in the edit screen?). You might try restoring your backup to see if it comes back. Or clearing your cache partition and rebooting. There could be some remnants of the update files confusing the programming.  The flashlight is not an installed app, which is why you can't find it in the apps listing, it is part of the OS.  If clearing the cache or restoring your backup does not bring it back, there are flashlight apps in the Galaxy store you can download.

CaptainRavioli
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Thank you clearing the cache and restart help I got it back
0 Likes
LDianneW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Do all of you use SIM cards?
0 Likes
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S23
If your flashlight won't show up on the Quick Panel, there are two other options you can try.

You can make a manually triggered Routine and attach it to a widget on your home screen.

The Tools panel for the Edge Display includes the flashlight and makes it easy to adjust the brightness.1725293494646.jpg1725293494690.jpg
0 Likes