JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy AI and recent changes

(Topic created: 04-03-2024 07:35 PM)
userDDKZlsjcHm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I want to turn off all Galaxy AI things. Why must these features be disabled individually?

Additonally, with the navigation bar, why were the "Recent Apps" and "Back" Swipe Gestures removed?

Is there a way to reenable those Swipe Gestures?

Can I reenable the "Hold Home for Google Assitant" option?

I do not like these changes in the recent update, and strongly dislike that the old options were removed entirely.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userDDKZlsjcHm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

So, again, a Samsung issue. 

Evidently, you do not have solutions to my ultimate issues.

Thank you for the recommendation of Goodlock, however.

Hopefully, the backlash is big enough to cause Samsung to backtrack on forcing these changes on us.

Solution
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
I think you may be misunderstanding. Google is taking away customization in android. The absurd iPhone clone gestures are stock Android gestures and Google has mandated all alternative navigation systems be removed to guarantee compatibility circle to search. Samsung is restoring their customization features via the first party Samsung Goodlock app. There is no other Android OEM that offers this. Do not expect Google to backtrack on this.

Galaxy AI is not a single app. It's not even really a thing, it's just a branding of various different AI features under one name, hence why theres no way to turn it off. Camera processing, for instance, now falls under the "galaxy ai" branding.
userDDKZlsjcHm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

After some research I did learn that Good Lock is produced by Good Lock Labs, who partners with Samsung. So I now understand Samsung has been making steps to revert to old changes. But without that research, it looks like a 3rd party application. 

Additionally, thank you for explaining that "Galaxy AI" was a branding push rather than a set of features. I still dislike it, but that explains the lack of a "all off" type switch.

I do have a quick follow up question. You said "iPhone clone gestures." What are those? My original intent was the Swipe for navigation (recent apps, home, back) rather than buttons, and the hold home for Google Assistant option.

Options
Galaxy S23
The gesture bar that Google has now forced was essentially ripped from the iPhone. Look at any iPhone 10 and up and you'll see that they are using gestures.

In terms of the hold the home button for Google assistant it has turned to the gesture from the corner. Turning off circle to search in the display settings will not switch it back.
0 Likes
userDDKZlsjcHm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Samsung has had gestures for a while, but now we have fewer. That is my issue.

And I know turning off Circle Search does not re-enable Google Assistant. I turned off Circle Search almost immediately.

0 Likes
Benjamin C
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

here is a solution to the Google Assistant issue. 

Go to Google Play, Install Google assistant (why is it not on your phone, I don't know).

drag the new app to your home page.

0 Likes
userDDKZlsjcHm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

What kind of answer is this? 

I have Google Assistant. I was looking for a solution to the missing shortcut. 

0 Likes
userPyJcs97l4L
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Yep. Sell loaded flagship and make a killing , claw back all the features that made us buy it, change it without our consent or allowing us to decline FEATURE updates, intentiomally break it, rinse & repeat. On to the next model. That's the Samsung way.
0 Likes
userPyJcs97l4L
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Why did they do this?! I hate the one button at the bottom too! I mean, people like their devices the way they come put of the box and it toole a week being mad and trying to get used to this one button gesture. The former was soooomucj better. Ams what thw heck happen to apps closing completely when you back put of them years ago? Lol
0 Likes
userPyJcs97l4L
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I heard about that and by no means am I using some 3rd party navigation tool/button. Google and Samsung have lost their minds. Period l.
0 Likes