Original topic:

Google Messenger

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
BIGSGT
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I really want to use the Google Messenger but it just doesn't have the customization like the Samsung Messenger. I wish Google would step it up a bit. 
17 Replies
BIGSGT
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Funny thing is i never stop using Samsung. It just it keep trying to prompt me to switch it to my default messaging app since th update.
WhiteShack
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
Ope but samsung reads this app and enough ppl cry about samsung messenger they might keep it.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
Still should be addressed directly with Google. Issues with an app always get presented directly to the developer, not a third party.
0 Likes
yamialex
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
They never said they were getting rid of it they just said that they are defaulting to Google messages you still have the option to use Samsung messages if you want to if they were going to get rid of Samsung messages they wouldn't let it be installed on new devices still it would have never been on there but they still have that as an option people need to stop complaining about what messaging at people use and use whatever you want and if you don't like it it's Android you can go into the Play store and find dozens of other messaging apps
WhiteShack
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
I know what they said LOL, been funking with technology since the 80s
0 Likes
yamialex
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
Then why is it a big deal just use Samsung messages if you want to Google's not going to change just because people want them to if you haven't noticed they don't care at all they keep making the same issues over and over with the phone that consumers have told them needed to be changed highly credible tech people have told them it's a better option to change it they don't care Google put care less they have security because Android has Google built in
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23

It has been known for a while that Samsung is phasing out their messages app. They will no longer be supporting or updating it. But, yes, it can still be used for as long as it works, but it's not going to stop nagging and may even get worse.

0 Likes
JLo33
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
Agreed
0 Likes