JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Hi, I have a S23 Ultra I'm looking to password my Recovery Mode (Power + Volume Up)

(Topic created: 05-14-2023 11:37 PM)
muntes
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Hi,

Due to security concerns, I'm looking to either password or pin the recovery mode or remove it entirely from there.

Any ideas about where to start?

Thanks

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Galaxy S23
Nope he'd have to sign into your Samsung account and your Google account or the phone would be useless.
But that only applies if you turn on find my phone , remote unlock,
As long as find my phone is turned on the reactivation lock is enabled. (You can't reset the phone and use it without the Samsung and Google account info of the account that was on the phone before the reset = yours.

View solution in context

8 Replies
kinorot
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

I didn't quite understand the question? Do you want or do you not want to make a password?

0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S23
Hes wanting to password recovery, sort of like putting a password on your computer to lock bios
kinorot
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

A password is always good, of course in Galaxy!!
A good PIN code that you remember can give you a lot of satisfaction.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
If you have your Samsung account logged in and find my phone enabled in Samsung account settings AND have remote unlock enabled.
The recovery mode won't help a soul. Even if they could possibly reset the phone. It would need your Samsung account login to get passed the second screen. Then your Google account for the 4th screen.
Also set your phone to back up
or use smart switch to back it up (its encrypted with a passcode protection. )
muntes
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

https://www.hardreset.info/devices/samsung/samsung-galaxy-s23-ultra/recovery-mode/

So if someone would hard reset my phone via Power+Volume up, he would not get a clean S23?

Solution
Options
Galaxy S23
Nope he'd have to sign into your Samsung account and your Google account or the phone would be useless.
But that only applies if you turn on find my phone , remote unlock,
As long as find my phone is turned on the reactivation lock is enabled. (You can't reset the phone and use it without the Samsung and Google account info of the account that was on the phone before the reset = yours.
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S23
Its a lot like Apple now, didn't use to be like that tho
muntes
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

For the last three years, I switched to Apple due to this: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/mobile-apps-services/feature-request-directly-sync-samsung-healt...

Previously I used TWRP to set a pin for recovery mode since Android devices didn't have this.

Thanks all for the response.