Original topic:

Home Screen One UI App

(Topic created: Sunday)
MikejoshW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

My home screen (widgets, favorite links) etc has disappeared. It defaults to a different screen with none of my normal links - mainly weather and Google Apps.

The One UI App is installed which I understand controls my home screen - and is the latest version.

I have cleared the cache amd restarted the phone several times but it does not solve the problem. It's like I am defaulting to another screen but I can't figure it out.

Anyone got any solutions- many thanks.

11 Replies
Options
Galaxy S23
I'd factory reset, then download the backup from Samsung
0 Likes
meself
Sun
Options
Galaxy S23
Not a fix the answer will be in either setting or another adjustment
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
Process of Elimination; you can't say it won't fix the issue without it being tried.
0 Likes
meself
Sun
Options
Galaxy S23
Factory reset is if you are having real issues with phone functions not a simple setting i.e a reset will leave the issue as is won't change it to return to way the screen was
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
If the "issue" is a setting, yes; without you being there to actually diagnosed what's going on, and given that none of us know what setting is *potentially* tweaked, a factory reset and backing up from the cloud could potentially solve the issue, and certainly won't hurt it.
0 Likes
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
Have you tried simply restoring your backup? You don't need to factory reset to do that
Galaxy S23

the disappearing apps is a issue with the phone itself, which would be one UI

1. try reboot (not factory reset)
2. if that didn't work, boot into safe mode and see if they're there.
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/
https://youtu.be/Tlx1HcSPJPo
3. if safemode shows your widgets or apps, then one of your downloaded apps is the issue (not home up)
4. if it defaults to a different screen, hold down on any home screen and make sure you select the home icon up top is glowing white on the screen you want default. it'll be grey for the rest. look at attachments

if all else fails:
5. factory reset1722202508687.jpg1722202508735.jpg
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
They didn't mention HomeUP, they only mentioned their homescreen
0 Likes
Galaxy S23
Is that the only reason you left to comment on my post I mean you could have private messaged me that because posting a comment on my reply about that is kind of useless cuz nevertheless the rest of my information is helpful besides I misread and I thought I saw Home up what I did not
0 Likes