Original topic:

How come Samsung can't figure out "question mark" while voice Typing =?

(Topic created: a week ago)
userJSyoUjXDQe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
How come Samsung is so incapable of figuring out that someone would want the symbol itself, not the word form of the symbol spelled out in letters, when using Samsung voice typing? Google has been doing this for years, as far as I know. Why doesn't Samsung just copy what they did? How hard is that to figure out? As an engineer and code writer, if you haven't figured that out yet, you should be fired from that job. It's one of the most basic things I could think of. It's not like it's undiscovered yet.
2 Replies
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S23
I fixed the voice typing issue by switching to Google Voice Typing. Go to the settings in the keyboard toolbar, scroll down to voice typing, and change it to Google voice. That will solve the problem of spelling out a punctuation.
Jaehyun
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I think how it works is a bit different from Google Voice Typing. I don't need to say the punctuation mark explicitly on Samsung. Using Google voice typing, I should tell "question mark" explicitly.

At least it works fine for me for simple cases like "How are you doing?" I don't need to say "question mark" explicitly. I think this is more natural to me, to be honest. It's a matter of quality how accurately Samsung adds the punctuation mark, though. Google has a huge language model, which Samsung wouldn't.

But I agree with you that Samsung can add it as an option. If their voice typing can hide offensive words with asterisks, they can definitely replace punctuation words to an actual punctuation mark.

But if you don't like how Samsung voice typing works, why not switch to Google Voice Typing? You can still type with long button press.
0 Likes