JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to turn on "Stop Playing" Timer?

(Topic created: 02-22-2024 07:55 PM)
Malsyuu
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Hello, I just recently changed back to Samsung from IPhone after 7 years. One of my favorite options was to add a "Stop Playing" while watching YouTube videos so I would fall asleep and my phone would lock itself and stop playing anything that I had playing in the background.

Does samsung have this as well? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Galaxy S23
I ran a search, but was unable to find any mention of a built-in sleep timer for Samsung or any other Android phone.

I did find this article which mentions several apps, like Spotify, which include a sleep timer.

https://cellularnews.com/mobile-phone/ways-to-set-sleep-timer-on-your-android-and-iphone-devices/

I made a Routine when I discovered that I had been falling asleep while watching videos or surfing the internet. It isn't a true sleep timer. It automatically taps the home button and resets the screen timeout to 15 seconds. (I sometimes set the timeout to be longer when I'm reading, so this Routine makes sure it doesn't stay that way.)

The Routine isn't perfect and it is annoying when it activates while I'm still awake and using the phone.

I would love to have a sleep timer that comes with the phone. I don't know why Android phones don't have this feature.1708692778976.jpg

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
Options
Galaxy S23
I ran a search, but was unable to find any mention of a built-in sleep timer for Samsung or any other Android phone.

I did find this article which mentions several apps, like Spotify, which include a sleep timer.

https://cellularnews.com/mobile-phone/ways-to-set-sleep-timer-on-your-android-and-iphone-devices/

I made a Routine when I discovered that I had been falling asleep while watching videos or surfing the internet. It isn't a true sleep timer. It automatically taps the home button and resets the screen timeout to 15 seconds. (I sometimes set the timeout to be longer when I'm reading, so this Routine makes sure it doesn't stay that way.)

The Routine isn't perfect and it is annoying when it activates while I'm still awake and using the phone.

I would love to have a sleep timer that comes with the phone. I don't know why Android phones don't have this feature.1708692778976.jpg
Malsyuu
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Oh that's awesome! I'll try that! Thank you so much! šŸ™‚
Options
Galaxy S23
You're welcome. I'm glad I could help. šŸ™‚

Poke around in Routines and try some of the features. If you're anything like me, you'll find at least half a dozen functions you never knew you couldn't live without. šŸ˜‰