Original topic:

I want my old navigation bar back

(Topic created: a month ago)
MattGome
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello, um I got an update last night, and i cant with this stupid change i just want my old nav bar back. Pics related. The one with regular nav bar is what I woke up too, and i want the swipe one back. Is there a way to get it back?

16 Replies
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23

I honestly don't understand why people love those swipe gestures so much that they go practically insane because it got changed, but then I've always used the buttons and I don't mind them.  There was someone on here the other night that was so incensed that they had to download another app that would provide the work around they were looking for because that app wanted an innocuous permission that they did not want to give.

Don't even get me started on the people who say they paid for the phone, they own it, they should be able to use it the way they want. They own the device, not the technology, and the owners of the technology get to decide what they need to do to make it work.  Everyone wants improvements, updates, etc. and sometimes catering to those wants either "breaks" something or requires a different way of doing things.

Sorry, rant over.

TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
Good for you liking the buttons that are slower to use than gestures and take up screen real estate. Some people prefer gestures and get upset that their preferred system of navigation is removed for absolutely no reason other than to push an awkward rebranding of cropped google screen search. I agree that people have been over the top when it comes to their reaction but their displeasure is both warranted and justified.
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
Maybe I'm just never in a hurry for the 1 second gestures save. The only speed I care sbout really is the internet/data speeds. Just like those of you who pefer the gestures, it's just the way that I got used to using the phones. Really, I never even knew the gestures existed until the rage started.
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
I never understand the rage at any time. it serves no purpose, and it certainly doesn't solve a problem. it's indulgent and self-defeating. (mini "rant" over)
MattGome
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Honestly i used to think it was funny when my mom couldent use my phone when she picked it up, but now its just second nature and i dont think i could go back
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
I alternate between buttons and Google gestures. I alternate between Samsung Keyboard and SwiftKey. I alternate between Samsung Pass and Microsoft Authenticator for password managers. I try to have redundancies in place so if one platform or service goes down, I have an immediate alternative ready to go.
0 Likes
JRMartinez
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Store..... 1712277358334.jpg1712277358353.jpg1712277358380.jpg