Insanely slow charging speeds

(Topic created: 04-13-2024 07:43 AM)
userIVkvWUeCL4
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

1000119562.jpg

I am using a generic 15w charger.

On my S23 Ultra I can't get above 2w charging. With my spare phone (S20 Ultra) it charges fine at 10w.

What on earth has 6.1 done to my charging speeds? For me this is direct evidence there is a software issue going on here as the S20 is using 5.1 UI.

1000119563.jpg

0 Likes
5 Replies
SneedoftheWest
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

My S21 has had a similar if not identical issue for years. Sometimes it barely charges while other times it charges normally. By "barely charges" I mean maybe 1% in ten-15 minutes. Disconnecting the charging wire and reconnecting it at either end usually fixes this - until the next time. Probably not the same as your issue but who knows?

0 Likes
RyanSr
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Sounds like the charger. Try a different one perhaps. Use the 45w charger. I used one on my S22 Ultra and love it
AliWright
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Ryan is correct..I only use the Samsung "fast" charger that came with phone!

My phone will be charge to 100 within 30 minutes!
Fastest charger I've ever seen or used,it amazes me!

I'd buy directly from Samsung if I were you..didn't you get one?

These phones need the fast charging charger..you'll be shocked
0 Likes
userIVkvWUeCL4
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

It doesn't explain however why a S23 Ultra charges at 1.4w (only since 6.1) whereas the S20 Ultra charges at 11w - using the same charger.

The point of this post isn't about getting the fastest possible charging, it's about highlighting how 6.1 has literally throttled charging speeds massively to an unusable degree.

AliWright
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Yes, I think I read an article on that on SamMobile,and they will have the answer for you! Great site for everything w your phone!
0 Likes