JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Is there a way to set custom notification sounds for different apps?

(Topic created: 04-17-2024 11:46 AM)
userAfEtZa4BFV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I used to be able to go to Notifications - app categories - specific app- scroll down to sounds. 
But that option isn't there anymore... 
17 Replies
usermEcWiZMsWY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
THANK YOU!
userq7iDlNYysl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Thank you!

0 Likes
TamraJo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I followed these instructions, but there's no Advanced Settings when I click notifications.
0 Likes
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
Here 1713379561600.jpg1713379561629.jpg1713379561656.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

TamraJo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I must be blind, now I see it, thank you!
0 Likes
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

Your welcome Happy to help 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
JPowell1977
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I know this is a few months late, but as we all know, Galaxy updates always change **bleep** so... This apparently has changed YET AGAIN without telling us, during a recent update (which ALSO BTW has gotten very anmoying because unless you toggle it off, the "smart update" [AI] will update without your permission at a time it sees fit, and install **bleep** you didn't approve, I'm looking at you Coin Master, Merge Dragons, Solitaire (which can't be un-installed apparently))
Anyway, my ADHD kicked in and I rambled. The new update makes it so you have to go to #Notifications, Advanced Settings, then at the VERY BOTTOM (nice try Samsung devs) there is an option for "manage notification categories for each app" which is toggled off by default, toggle that on and THEN you should have the option on each app to go in and turn on/off each notification category, and set a sound by long pressing each header. Hope that helps. 1722517081826.jpg1722517081850.jpg1722517081871.jpg
0 Likes
JPowell1977
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Sub note, be aware the top toggle for each section is the main category option, you can long press each option below those to set a sound.
0 Likes