Original topic:

Knox Enterprise MDM permissions in Chrome & Other Mngmt App Acrivity

(Topic created: a month ago)
26_AliR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I purchased a Samsung  Galxy S23 FE from The samsung Shop app back in March 2024 with financing through TD Bank. I also added Samsung Care Plus Theft and loss to my device. I received notice with a link via email to enroll in knox Guard and did.

With that said, I am curious if either the financing of the device or the enrollmemt in Samsung Care Plus w/Theft and loss would make a Knox Enterprise MDM provider setting permission be granted in My chrome browser? This is on a personal, non-work device. I do kot work. 

I ask this because ive had some strange occurences on my device since purchase amd have been in contact with customer care about them and have asked about this and background activity involving Knox Enterprise MDM. The first rep i spoke to seemed concerned. The rest have either seemed to not understand what im talking about or blow me off. I am wondering if this could be due to either the financing or the Samsung Care theft and loss. Although there have been other issues that cant be explained by that i wouldnt think.

I also had Android Device policy App show up at some point on my device as well. I rook it in to an authorized service center twice being told by the fist that usb and wireless debugging is greyed out so they were unable to diagnnose an issue where the customer service agent couldnonly see half my screen when helping with my Galaxy Store not updating. The secind place told me before i went in that the greyed out debugging would suggest my device os managed and when i took it in said there was nothing he could do. Many settungs, more than originally were when i fist got the phone are grryed out. All apps have permissions for do not disturb on and greyed out.

The day after taking my phone in the screen went black. Id had this happen on my last samsung phone and another awhile back. I hard rebooted it and it would come to the lock screen then go black again. After several attempts at rebooting i finally did a hard reset. 

This appears to have removed android device policy from the device but the knox enterprise MDM provider permission is still granted and a lot of settings i dont beleive should be greyed out are.

Any advice  about this and what is normal would be appreciated. Am about to send the device in to be checked and maintanced if possible due to its screen going black and the fact ive had so many issues in a short time. Im afraid they wont find anything wrong and ill get the bill. Ive taken and savwd screen shots of everything but the techs wont see that and the phone os sent in reset.

2 Replies
gone33
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Sane with my bf... a forced policy was applied. We have nit found a solution
0 Likes
HolyCannolis
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Im having this same problem. This is illegal and you will need to fond out what "company" has what information on your phone and samsung care + is very aware of how this is happening. it has to do with the authority that they gave GOOGLE in their os. Now Google has their own phones now and samsung phones have become the "p.o.w.'s" of research for google and related developers so that these 2nd hand samsung phones can be used to push google phones ahead.
0 Likes