JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Let me completely disable Smart Pop-Up View

(Topic created: 07-06-2023 12:54 PM)
Options
Galaxy S23
Smart Pop-Up View is a stupid feature and I don't ever want to even accidentally use it on my Galaxy S device. It's a feature that only has value on tablets and foldables. On slate-style, single-screen smartphones like the s23, s23+ and s23 ultra it is a stupid feature. Under Settings > Advanced Settings > Labs, add a toggle to completely disable Smart Pop-Up View across the entire device.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Thank you for your interest in sharing your ideas with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 Replies
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
Disable pop up view in notifications, then
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
Disabling it there doesn't actually disable the feature entirely. It only disables the part of it that appears with every notification that gives you a quick shortcut to triggering it. There's no way to competely disable the feature.
Options
Galaxy S23
Turn off pop off option1688868099333_1688868099326_0.jpg
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
Or turn off the notifications for whatever app annoys you
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
None of the recommendations by other users in this thread accomplish what I'm looking for. I want the ability to COMPLETELY DISABLE Smart Pop-Up View. That would mean no triggering it by swiping down on a brief notification, no activating it by tapping an app icon in the app switcher and having a smart Pop-Up View option there... I want the option to completely disable the feature 100%. Key word: OPTION
Condray
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

I'm with you on this.  It is so annoying that I might actually finally bail on Samsung, completely unacceptable.

Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Thank you for your interest in sharing your ideas with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

0 Likes