JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

MMS pictures pausing during download

(Topic created: 01-15-2024 08:53 AM)
userFgJmEIFe5D
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I just updated my S23 ultra and now my picture messages won't download. They start to download and then pause. I have tried resuming but it starts to download and then pauses again. Is there a way to undo this update or did anyone know how to fix this issue? 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Hey there! I can absolutely understand the importance of wanting your picture messages to download! Let's try this! Go to messages app, tap the 3-dots menu in the top-right corner, and go to Settings > Advanced > Auto-download MMS. If the option is on, try turning it off and manually downloading your MMS message.

If this doesn't help you may want to try to clear the cache of your device by following these steps.

With the device off, press and hold the Volume Up and Power keys.
When the device turns on and logo displays, release both keys.
Use the Volume keys to highlight wipe cache partition, then press the Power key.
Continue using the Volume and Power keys to confirm your choice if prompted.

If it's still giving you trouble the next thing I would suggest is backing up your data and doing a factory data reset. 

Navigate to and open Settings, and then tap General management. Swipe to and tap Reset, then tap Factory data reset, and then review the information. When you're ready, swipe to and tap Reset.

I hope this helps!

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Hey there! I can absolutely understand the importance of wanting your picture messages to download! Let's try this! Go to messages app, tap the 3-dots menu in the top-right corner, and go to Settings > Advanced > Auto-download MMS. If the option is on, try turning it off and manually downloading your MMS message.

If this doesn't help you may want to try to clear the cache of your device by following these steps.

With the device off, press and hold the Volume Up and Power keys.
When the device turns on and logo displays, release both keys.
Use the Volume keys to highlight wipe cache partition, then press the Power key.
Continue using the Volume and Power keys to confirm your choice if prompted.

If it's still giving you trouble the next thing I would suggest is backing up your data and doing a factory data reset. 

Navigate to and open Settings, and then tap General management. Swipe to and tap Reset, then tap Factory data reset, and then review the information. When you're ready, swipe to and tap Reset.

I hope this helps!

0 Likes