JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Watch won't connect to phone and app doesn't work

(Topic created: 01-06-2024 08:01 AM)
toxicfatality
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

Had this watch for 2 years now and all of a sudden it won't connect to my phone , I've tried everything. this app won't work either it just sits and loads for hours. so now I have a watch that I reset, and a app that doesn't work. cannot reconnect my watch to my phone because the app doesn't work now.😒😒😒 please fix it. first noticed because no notifications came through on my watch. now my watch is useless 🤦‍

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello! I can certainly understand how frustrating it is when your watch will not connect to your device. It looks like you have covered all the troubleshooting that I would suggest doing, so the next step would be to have a certified technician take a look. 

You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by calling customer support at 1-800-726-7864. For service outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

You can also submit an error report as well by going to the Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports.

I hope this helps!

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 Replies
userDZPU4r3X3k
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Same issue with me for my Watch 6 Classic. A samsung agent told me there are issues being reported with the app that they are working on. Not sure if he was just saying that. I don't recall any recent Wear app updates.
toxicfatality
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I saw one person say he's had this issue since January 1st.. I hope they fix it soon because I need my watch with my job. Cannot hear or feel phone vibrations for calls/notifications as it is too loud in the shop.... thats when I noticed it wasn't connected. I spent 6 hours trying everything I could think of and ultimately lead to a reset watch and an app that wouldn't work. Even tried uninstalling the wear app multiple times, restarting phone and watch, deleting the Bluetooth and trying to reconnect, and nothing worked.
Lexxicon
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Same issue on my watch, wearable app won't open. I've reset my watch now it's just stuck on the "check your phone to complete setup screen" useless because the wearable app won't load to finish the setup
Options
Galaxy S23
There was a Galaxy Store update to Wearables on Dec 28. On Jan 1, thousands of Wearable apps went all Y24K and just died. I haven't been able to text from my Watch (or get any notifs) for 6 days now.

It makes me hopeful that someone has finally reported a rep saying something other than "we've heard nothing about this so it must just be you" (and saying that despite the flood of thousands of 1-star reviews between both app stores.)
toxicfatality
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Today is day 2 for me and I've been annoyed since I first noticed the issue. I need it for my job because I am constantly around loud semi trucks and can't hear notifications or calls from anyone, which is why I bought the watch in the first place.
Tmaxjet
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Need help, my Ultra S23 stop loading my apps. It will only open apps when I'm on WiFi.
1- restarted it
2- check Airplane mode, Reset Sim card.
3- went to my service provider, they installed a new Sim card.
4- I done instructions from YouTube tutorials.
5- I want to reset phone back to manufacturer settings. But I don't want to start all over again.
Is anyone having this problem.
It started after the new year.
0 Likes
userZ0obXfi3aE
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
No issues for me on my watch 6 classic.
0 Likes
beachguy333
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Apparently it's an issue mostly with Google Pixel phones.

I reset my watch (a hard customized factory reset), reset my phone, and reinstalled the wear app and none of that worked.

Samsung support is of no help. They act like it's a fluke when they know it's a known issue with Pixel phones.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello! I can certainly understand how frustrating it is when your watch will not connect to your device. It looks like you have covered all the troubleshooting that I would suggest doing, so the next step would be to have a certified technician take a look. 

You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by calling customer support at 1-800-726-7864. For service outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

You can also submit an error report as well by going to the Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports.

I hope this helps!

0 Likes