JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Message notification sound

(Topic created: yesterday)
user2N9XIiPLGX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
How do I change the notification for my messaging app only. To be different than my default notification sound?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
Go to settings, notifications, and advanced settings, scroll down to the bottom, and toggle on Mange notification categories for each app.

Next, go to apps, type in the Messages, pick the one you use.
Go to notifications, open it, and scroll down to notification categories, pickmyourntone.

View solution in context

8 Replies
Solution
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
Go to settings, notifications, and advanced settings, scroll down to the bottom, and toggle on Mange notification categories for each app.

Next, go to apps, type in the Messages, pick the one you use.
Go to notifications, open it, and scroll down to notification categories, pickmyourntone.
user2N9XIiPLGX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Finally!! Thank you and have a blessed day!
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
If you found my solution helpful, tap on the 3 dots next to the solution and check resolved
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23

Hey, you got promoted too.  Congrats.  That and a Metro card gets us on the subway 😀

0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
Thanks!
I think we both got promoted the same day!

What metrocard? I haven't used one since they finally adopted Bus to Subway transfers on ONMY back in 2020
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
Oh, my. Guess I'd have trouble working out how to get on the subway then.
0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
I use tap to pay from my phone!
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23

First, make sure "manage notification categories" is enabled.: settings/notifications/advanced settings.  After that, go to your messaging app settings/notifications/notification categories and change the sound for incoming messages.

0 Likes