Original topic:

Text Delivered Notification Fail

(Topic created: Wednesday)
vgiangualano
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I depend on that "Delivered" notification next to my sent text messages using Samsung Message app. As of yesterday, that feature is not working. Found out that they REMOVED this feature! AND there's no toggle control in the text settings to turn the feature on and off. Hear me Samsung---you need to reactivate this DELIVERED notification on my text messages AND add a control toggle in settingd to control it. I'm paying a lot for this phone - you need to accommodate this simple request...ASAP.
3 Replies
aquideoskies
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
You Samsung, Assistant, Gemini que no tiene mad red por tu culpa. Indont what to know es why. Update my device & enter a different concept where it doesn't exploit the software with a fait kill battery, no remote working on my behalf.
0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S23
Who is your carrier?
Do you have a carrier device?

Carriers want you to move over to Google Messages. They are slowly taking away Enhanced features in Samsung Message app.

While Samsung messages will not officially go away, all RCS features will be solely in Google Messages.

If you want, sent and read receipts, typing indicators, reactions, larger video and picture files, you will now have to use Google Messages.
Especially with Iphones come September being able to have RCS compatibility, carriers don't have to incur the cost of maintaining overly large servers for SMS/MMS messaging.

The handwriting has been on the wall for a while now. Since the S22 series Google Messages has been the default.
0 Likes
vgiangualano
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I've got AT&T, and got my S23 Ultra from there. Samsung tech support didn't mention anything about carrier's push for Google messages. I had heard something about it some time ago. I don't appreciate the way they take away features of Samsung messaging when they haven't incorporated integrating Galaxy Themes along with it. I know I'm not alone having bought many themes that I use every day. And my themes are much more appealing than the format of Google messages.

If they're going to take away the ability of continuing to use all my Galaxy Themes, I want to know how they're going to give me the equivalent with Google messages. I bought this phone and all my themes to use what I pay for, not to have it all stolen away.
0 Likes