JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Messages and chat feature not working

(Topic created: 03-21-2023 06:17 PM)
Majorboog
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

So this is like my 3rd time posting about this. Everything is connected and sett up right as far as I can tell but for whatever reason I'm still unable to send and receive messages as chat. It doesn't work on Google messages or Samsung messages. 

17 Replies
Patriot1776USA
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23
The only way it will work is if the other person is on chat
0 Likes
Majorboog
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
They are. I've done test with my wife on their phone. If I use my old phone or my tablet it all works perfectly fine. It's just for whatever reason with my s23 ultra it won't go through.
0 Likes
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23
Ok this is a screenshot of your screenshot you see the checkmark I underlined that is Google Messages new update it doesn't say read or delivered anymore they are using circles and checkmarks I think circle is sending, circle checkmark is delivered, and double circle and checkmark is read Screenshot_20230321_212813_Samsung Members_1000019856_1679448539.jpg
Majorboog
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Yes and I understand that. I look that up too. The thing is it will never say delivered. It won't go through at all. Even when they send me a message it won't go through. We will sit there all day and it just won't go through. I have no idea why it's doing this.
0 Likes
juvenile001
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
You have to set your apn to whatever phone company your with
0 Likes
Majorboog
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
What does that mean exactly?
0 Likes
wezzzyboy123
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Is it possible that Google hasn't optimized the app for the s23?
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
Make sure carrier services are updated via Play Store

Majorboog
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Maybe that was a part of it, I just downloaded something that said carrier service from the play store. It took a minute but the same problem is happening
0 Likes