Original topic:

Moisture in camera lense S23 ultra

(Topic created: Tuesday)
AryaA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I have a s23 ultra and i had been to a beach recently and i took some photos in and my phone got a little wet and now there are moisture inside my camera lenses.What should i do 

0 Likes
11 Replies
Mac-18
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Could try rice, not sure if it will get in that far though.
0 Likes
AryaA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

But i have to use it cuz i will be getting calls frequently.

0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S23

You took it to a beach and it got a little wet - with salt water. What do you mean a little wet? You handled it with wet hands? Stuck it in a wet bathing suit? Dropped it in the ocean? Salt water corrodes, so you will be lucky *if* it dries out and it didn't corrode the inner workings.  Samsung rates their water resistance at IPX67 (which means it can handle a little dunk and still be OK as long as it dries out first) for fresh water, not salt water.  There actually shouldn't be any gaps around the lenses that would allow water (fresh or salt) to get behind the lens unless it got more than a *little* wet.

0 Likes
AryaA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

No i just used it right after coming out of water, even my software was acting weird after that it was boot looping for straight 4 hours then it automatically became proper by itself  

0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S23
Because you dropped in *salt* water.
0 Likes
AryaA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

This is not the first time i have wet the phone, i had taken it with me while swimming in "SALT" water, this is the third time but this time i did not take it as i had other camera with me, but somehow  the moisture got in.

Also what is the difference between salt and fresh water, if something should have happened then it should have happened in fresh water as it is comparatively less denser than salt water.

0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S23

That doesn't mean you weren't extremely lucky the first time you did that. Whatever happened this time was one time too many for the phone. The spec for the phone specifically say that the water resistance is fresh water only.  The first time you went INTO the water without protecting phone most likely did some damage and corrosion started working on the innards.  Each subsequent time, more damage was done.  It appears those dunks in saltwater may have corroded the seals around the camera lenses, which is why water got inside.  Once inside the lenses, it's inside the phone--causing more and more damage.  Whatever is happening here is directly your fault, not in any way Samsung's

0 Likes
AryaA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Bro then what is the use of me paying 1.5 lakh rupee for this i could have just gone for Iphone if i had known this was the case.

0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S23

Whose fault is it you did not read or pay attention to the specs, and who was negligent enough to take the phone into water without protection?  The specs say no salt water.  The water resistance is really only to protect against accidental splashes, a water glass tumbling over, falling into the toilet, etc., and only for a very short duration; not to swim--that's why it's IPX6 not 8.  Even with a claim of waterproofing, I would never go into the water without protecting the phone.  It is not an underwater camera.  Any damage to the phone is completely on you.

0 Likes