JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New S23 Ultra Locked as lost of stollen, but it's not

(Topic created: 12-07-2023 02:24 PM)
SpartanG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

UPDATE: The issue was resolved by Samsungs Warranty department just now. They unlocked it on their end. 12-7-2023

I just received a new S23 Ultra from Samsung yesterday. I went in and started setting up the phone, and then when I was about to put the SIM card in, I got a message that said the phone was locked as it had been reported lost or stolen. How can this happen? I signed for the shipment with FedEx. I have a trade-in that I will be sending to them, and I even have a payment plan in place. So There is no reason for this. Has anyone else run into this issue, and if so, how did you resolve it? I have put in a ticket with Samsung, but I am not confident they will fix it. I don't want to send the device back as it is for my wife, and she loves the lavender color, which is hard to find.

If Samsung does fix it or whatever they suggest I do, I will update this thread when it happens.

6 Replies
Jacob126
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Maybe you could factory reset the phone just power it off and hole the power and volume up button until a little android appears
0 Likes
Solution
SpartanG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I did try that. But as soon as I started the setup steps again, it locked with the same message.

Samsung can't find any reason for this. Both tech support and billing have no clue. But they escalated it to the warranty department. I believe it will get fixed sooner or later. It is just frustrating.

0 Likes
Jacob126
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Can you send a picture of the problem

And also was it brand new or refurbished
0 Likes
SpartanG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

The issue was resolved by Samsungs Warranty department just now. They unlocked it on their end.

atiqureee51
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I am having the same problem. Purchased from ebay and showIng that screen. The technical support telling me that there is no warranty dept. can you please tell me where did you contact? With whom and how?

0 Likes
SpartanG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
The difference is I bought mine from Samsung directly. I'm not sure they can or will support a device bought on eBay. If I were you, I would file a claim and get a refund. I know that's not what you want to hear. But it may be your best option. The only reason I got my wife's brand-new phone unlocked through Samsung customer support is they had all the documentation showing the phone was mine and I was able to verify with them that I was the owner. Best of luck. If you are looking to save money on a device and don't want to pay retail, try Swappa. They back all the sales and have a straightforward return policy.
0 Likes