Original topic:

New S23FE setup, redo with smart switch?

(Topic created: Friday)
grguthrie
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I had a water damaged (=dead) S21+ Galaxy phone. I got a replacement S23FE, and when it started it began setup, but the only working Android/Samsung option was a Tab-A tablet, so I chose that, and it did setup. When I did Google login, it downloaded what seems like all apps I had on the old phone (more than what was just on the tablet).

Since then I added missing accounts, options, layout, folders, logins, etc.

Now I have an offer to resurrect the old phone enough to copy data from it - and I presume to do a smartSwitch session.

But the tablet was much less used and configured than my phone, and thus had less apps, folders, files, etc. So if I did a restore or smartSwitch from the old phone, would it overlay and thus lose all of the other initial setup that I have done?

Or could it just add missing elements, non-destructively? If not, I wouldn't pay to have the old phone repaired enough to do a copy/restore.

0 Likes
3 Replies
meself
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Smart switch should get your files etc transfer over
0 Likes
grguthrie
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Yes, I already did that from the tablet - the question is if doing it again from a recovered phone would overlay and lose all that I have already done.

Or is there some option or policy for"don't overlay anything existing already".

0 Likes
grguthrie
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Or to phrase it differently, is there some more fine grained selection of what (additional) to recover and copy over.

0 Likes