Original topic:

Notification sound defaulting to Samsung sound not my sound selection

(Topic created: 03-27-2024 06:19 AM)
SoHa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
After an update sometime in 2023, my phone notification sounds have been incorrect. Randomly, I'll hear the default Samsung sound notification instead of the notification sound I have picked "Signal". It's primarily with the messages app, but not always. Sometimes it's random app notifications. I don't understand why the sound is defaulting to a different sound. I've searched high and low in the settings. I've tried changing the messaging app notification sounds. Uninstalling the app and reinstalling. 
Is there a different default sound setting I'm missing somewhere??

Specifically in messaging app - I noticed when I get a brand new text (no previous thread), when I go to the conversation>...>Details>Notification 
The sound is numbers and not the message notification I have selected as default. When I click the numbers to take me to sound options, it shows that I already have "signal" selected. I guess this may be a glitch in the app itself. 

4 Replies
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23

if you haven't, try wiping your cache partition from the recovery menu, then go in and set your desired notification sounds. might just be you need to "take out the trash" on your phone. I've never seen this problem before.

SoHa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
It worked! Had to shut down and turn on after clearing for it to take affect. It appears to have corrected that glitch. Thank you so much! šŸ˜Š
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23

you're very welcome

0 Likes
SoHa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Thank you for the suggestion. I will give this a try and update when I know if it's worked.
0 Likes