Original topic:

Photos taken in pro mode gets blurred

(Topic created: 08-28-2023 05:51 AM)
iammituraj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Hi all,

After the latest software patch update of August, I noticed all photos taken in pro mode is blurry or kind of bloomy. Anyone noticed the same issue in s23 ultra?

This is regular auto mode:

20230828_181942.jpg

 When I clicked the same pic in pro with auto focus:

20230828_181950.jpg

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

We appreciate you sharing this concern with the community. I can only imagine how annoying it must be when your photos come out blurry. There are a lot of great suggestions from other community members. The last resort may be taking your device to a Walk-in service. But first, I recommend trying the troubleshooting steps in the link below. 
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001424/
If you have additional questions for us. Please sure to send us a private message by clicking on the link here and clicking "Send Message". Thank you for being a valued member of the community. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 Replies
butete
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
After the update have you wiped cache partiton?
iammituraj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Never done it before, is it safe to do?

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
There's no appreciable difference in sharpness.

Pro mode is just darker. Adjust the exposure with the 3 light metering options and/or exposure compensation.

If you get the identical picture from Pro mode as in auto mode you should consider it pure luck. Auto mode has picture enhancement built-in
iammituraj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I tried manual focus first, it has same result as this, hence tried auto focus. In both cases, the image look bloomy. This is a bit low light scenario, by the way. 

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@iammituraj In Pro mode, there are three focus settings and each of those are adjustable.

It looks like your picture has the (1) Center focus mode selected. This is automatic in the sense that it puts the center of the focus in the center. It still offers an adjustable bar so that you can adjust the focus if needed.

(2) Multi focus acts most like the auto focus mode availabe in the regular camera. It samples several points and tries to make them all in focus. It still offers an adjustable bar so that you can adjust the focus if needed.

(3) Manual focus is self explanatory. 

iammituraj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Yep, same result in manual focus as well. I guess this is something to do with low light conditions, on day light, the image looks fine in pro mode.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

We appreciate you sharing this concern with the community. I can only imagine how annoying it must be when your photos come out blurry. There are a lot of great suggestions from other community members. The last resort may be taking your device to a Walk-in service. But first, I recommend trying the troubleshooting steps in the link below. 
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001424/
If you have additional questions for us. Please sure to send us a private message by clicking on the link here and clicking "Send Message". Thank you for being a valued member of the community. 

0 Likes
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23
Myself I prefer to use Expert Raw over Pro Mode in my opinion the pictures taken with Expert Raw come out much better than Pro Mode
0 Likes