Original topic:

Remove Play store notifications

(Topic created: Tuesday)
Luvztoread2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
The bubble for notifications on Play store continues to be there even though there are no notifications. I've tried changing the notification settings to don't allow, allow and removed all of the badge, bubble, and lock screen and still it shows. 
It's not a big deal, but it drives me crazy that it's permanently there. Suggestions? 
13 Replies
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
Check if you have an app update that can't automatically start for whatever reason
0 Likes
Luvztoread2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
How do I do that? That's how I found the notification because I went into updates.
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S23

Go into the Samsung store. At the bottom right of the screen is the 3-line menu. Tap that and at the top of the screen that comes up will be an icon for updates - if there is a circled number over that icon, that's how many updates you have. Tap that and choose any or all that you wish to update.  Some might say can't auto update because you downloaded it from the Play store. In that instance go to the Play store and see if it had auto updated there and ignore the update in the Samsung store.

0 Likes
Luvztoread2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I don't have the Samsung store app and didn't know that this was tied into the Play store.
I've turned off all notifications, to no avail. šŸ¤·ā€:female_sign:
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S23
If you have a notification, then you have the app. In your app drawer, there are two pre configured folders at the beginning of your app array - one for Google with all its apps and one for Samsung. The store app would be in there - it's just called store. You could also search for it in the apps as "store".
0 Likes
banitoperes
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Notificationes off
0 Likes
Luvztoread2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
As you can see, notifications alert is there but there are none. I'm just perplexed!1719343876639.jpg1719343885008.jpg
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S23
Thats the play store, and not update notifications. Is news and offers. You have to go to the Samsung store, bottom of the page, right menu. Clicking that will show you updates waiting. I don't have any waiting because I downloded them earlier. If you have updates waiting the badge will be orange with a number.1719344289825.jpg1719344289861.jpg
0 Likes
Luvztoread2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Well I did have five updates there, but that didn't fix it.
I'm wondering on the last update when I deleted the games that automatically get loaded, if that is stuck there because of that??
0 Likes