Original topic:

S23 Ultra - Sound not working after UI 6.1 update

(Topic created: 04-08-2024 12:36 AM)
nanduri2kalyan
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Updated my samsung s23 ultra to one ui 6.1 this morning and no sound from the phone. It is not playing any media files on any apps. No audio sound for the incoming/outgoing calls. Bluetooth also not working. Horrible Experience.

Whatsapp App closing after trying to make a call

8 Replies
Options
Galaxy S23

Try restarting your phone couple of times.

And/or Wiping the Cache Partition:

https://techwiser.com/how-to-wipe-cache-partition-on-samsung-galaxy-phones-and-what-happens-when-you...

0 Likes
nanduri2kalyan
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Tried it. Worked. After few days, restarted the phone today and the issue popped up again. When i tried to redo the steps it is not working.

MikeMayhem
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Same here
0 Likes
robert_pevec
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

i had the same issue, the problem was is in the option SYNC WITH RINGTONE for the vibration, when you change it works

0 Likes
userZNF4XasdL3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Right after the May security update (Verizon) my S23 Ultra's microphone and speakers stopped working. On reboot I get "Change main audio output device? The audio device you selected to seperate for certain apps () is the same as your main audio device. Change you main audio device to This phone to seperate soud for these apps."

Ive rebooted several times and tried the Wiping the Cache Partition option as well. 

Also trying the native Samsung video player, I get "Can't play audio. Audio codec not supported."

0 Likes
userZNF4XasdL3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I've now spend some extra time, with online support, a Verizon corp site, back to online support and ended up going with their suggestion to do a full factory reset. I did that but even then it still doesnt work. Looks like the security update broke the audio codec firmware parts? No solution so far. Day 2, phone pretty useless, no audio/speakers/mic, SMS intermittently works, cant receive or make calls.

[Update] After an additional hour of troubleshooting (mostly same steps again), debugging, enabled developer mode, the update was a Samsung (not Verizon security/monthly update), this update seems to have rendered my audio codec chip & GPS unusable. Ive done another facory wipe (All data) and no luck. Under Developer mode, Trigger Bluetooth Audio Codec Selection, AAC, Qualcomm aptX audio, LDAC & SSC are all greyed out.  Trying to take a picture crashes the photo app.

0 Likes
user71FKMZEgJp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I updated my phone this morning and I'm having the same issue, T-Mobile doesn't know what to do. I'm currently backing up all my data, but if there isn't any resolutions what can we do?

0 Likes
fsamsung99
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Same exact problems
0 Likes