Original topic:

S23 Ultra camera/lens positions

(Topic created: a month ago)
Alflinus
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I have been looking for a site or YouTube that tells me what the physical lens positions is. Which lens does what i.e. what is the lens left top is it main lens? Telephoto? Macro? Something else?

Where do I find which position is which?

Left top
Left middle
Left bottom

Right top
Right bottom

Thanks

Alflinus 
10 Replies
Sun
Options
Galaxy S23
Turn on your camera and then hold one finger over one of the lenses and see if it blocks the view. That way you'll find out which lens does which setting.
0 Likes
Alflinus
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Thanks for replying but I don't know what camera settings are using what lenses. By knowing the lens I can backtrack to the camera setting like you said.
0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

This might help you 

sp1020379.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
Alflinus
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Thanks That's exactly what I'm looking for. Just one question. What is laser AF lens for? (I don't know what camera settings use what lenses)
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S23

its a deep sensor laser autofocus (AF) sensor that uses a Time of Flight (ToF) laser to calculate the distance and depth of an object by measuring how long it takes for a light beam to reflect back to the camera. This method works in any lighting condition, especially in low light.

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
Alflinus
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Thanks
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S23

Your welcome 

0 Likes
userra
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Triple-lens cameras on smartphones offer a variety of benefits over single or dual-lens cameras. Here's a breakdown of the typical functions of each lens:
* Wide-angle lens: This lens captures a wider field of view compared to the main sensor, allowing you to fit more elements into your photos, which is useful for capturing landscapes or group shots.
* Main sensor lens: This is the primary lens used in most photography situations. It generally offers the highest resolution and best overall image quality.
* Telephoto lens: This lens provides optical zoom, enabling you to capture close-up shots without losing image quality. This is particularly useful for capturing distant objects or zooming in on details.
Some phones may also use a dedicated macro lens for extreme close-up shots or a depth sensor to capture depth information for features like portrait mode. Per Google
0 Likes
Sanmil65
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Thank you very much!