Original topic:

S23: Whatsapp Lagging / Not functioning properly

(Topic created: 01-26-2024 12:57 PM)
WynandJVR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I'm am so frustrated beyond belief. Ever since the latest update, my whatsapp has been lagging very badly. I have it down to when a certain thing happens. While I am typing a message, and a new whatsapp notification arrives, it starts freezing/lagging /mistyping. I have done : Wipe partition cache. Start WhatsApp from fresh. Meaning no messages no chat history etc, fresh install of WhatsApp. Funny enough the repair apps option in the boot menu does nothing. 

25 Replies
davico110
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Yes, is happend in A54 too.

Please any solution ?

0 Likes
azkiabenington
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

in a55 too unfortunately,**bleep** is wrong with samsung

0 Likes
azkiabenington
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

a55 too, how unfortunate, **bleep** is samsung doing with thos updates

0 Likes
Sundareshwer
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Yes, its been lagging a lot past few months. Only WhatsApp has a problem, every other apps functions well. 

steve23
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Same here s23 ultra , after the software update it was very laggy and now it died down a bit but when I get a notification it lags and stops working, if anyone knows the solution lmk
SebasChaves6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Same here, the exact same problems with WhatsApp, with S22 Ultra Snapdragon. 

Phemmijay
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Hi guys... the alternate  fix i did for my a72 was to turn off whatsapp notifications....and the freezing stopped

0 Likes
blad0506
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello,

I had an S23 Ultra since last year, and it was working perfectly. Recently, I had to buy a new one because my old phone was stolen. I bought the exact same model (S23 Ultra).

After recovering everything from Google and Samsung backups, I started experiencing extreme lag when using WhatsApp. This lag occurs when typing, erasing, opening pictures or videos, switching to other conversations, and swiping or touching the screen in general. It seems to be worse when a WhatsApp notification pops up.

It feels like the screen touches are lagging because sometimes the behavior of some keys is like when you press and hold on them, even though I'm not doing so.

I've already tried clearing the cache partition at boot up.

The One UI performance mode is set to Standard, not Light.

The phone has more than 60% free storage and more than 50% of RAM unused.

This issue has made WhatsApp horrible to use. Since I bought the phone, I prefer to use the web version.

Please, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
Must be the phone cause I use it every day and no lag. I have S23U.
0 Likes