JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23 sound disappears, not receiving updates, and screen rotates when laid down

(Topic created: 06-18-2023 07:48 AM)
Celle
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Is anyone else having a problem with the S23 Ultra not ringing when calls come in? I had the same problem with my S20 FE but the 23 is MUCH worse! This phone just appears to be very glitchy. Sometimes the sound just disappears and I have to reboot. Other times links just stop working in the Google search. I had to have an update rolled back and now it's not getting ANY updates since the one at the beginning of May. I am beginning to regret buying this phone.

☹️

3 Replies
johnjohn9405
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Check to see if you didn't hit the volume up and power button at the same time, I did that once and even tho my ringer was on it was muted
Solution
Gossipfunda
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23

I can offer some general troubleshooting steps that may help resolve issues with your phone not ringing for incoming calls or experiencing other glitches:

1. Check volume settings: Make sure that the ringer volume is turned up and not set to silent or vibrate mode. You can adjust the volume through the settings or by using the physical volume buttons on the device.

2. Test different ringtones: Verify that the issue isn't specific to a particular ringtone. Try selecting a different ringtone from the phone's settings to see if it makes a difference.

3. Check Do Not Disturb settings: Ensure that the Do Not Disturb mode is turned off or configured correctly. This mode can silence calls and notifications.

4. Clear cache partition: Over time, cached data can accumulate and cause various issues. You can try clearing the cache partition on your device. The exact method can vary depending on the phone model, so you may want to look up specific instructions for your Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra.

5. Update software: Keeping your phone's software up to date can address bugs and improve performance. Check for any available system updates and install them if they're available.

6. Factory reset: If the problem persists and you have exhausted other options, you may consider performing a factory reset. This will erase all data and settings on your phone, so be sure to back up your important information before proceeding. A factory reset can often resolve software-related issues.

If you continue experiencing problems with your Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra, it's recommended to  visit an authorized service center for further assistance. They will have the most up-to-date information on known issues and potential solutions.

Celle
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

I had already tried every single step you suggested multiple times - except for the factory reset. That will be an absolute last resort because I do NOT want to have to go thru setting this thing up all over again. It took a week to get it where it is now! The authorized techs I took it to (TWICE!) when the Google links issue started said it should be resolved with the next update but I can't get any updates!!! It keeps telling me it is up to date even tho the last one was early May! I'm sure glad I did not pay full price for this thing. I am REALLY disappointed. (Oh and one other annoying issue with the screen switching to landscape just from putting it down on the table! )