JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23 ultra camera over exposed

(Topic created: 03-03-2023 10:04 AM)
Ash45
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

Notice top three window panes on the right side. There are bricks on the wall but in the picture it's totally blown up.

Is anyone facing camera oversaturation issue with s23 ultra ? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello, There.

Thank you so much for posting this. Samsung is looking into this situation further and would like to gather additional details and logs from the device to determine why this could be occurring. We would ask that anyone experiencing these symptoms submit an error report. In the details include the following hashtag:  #SCommunity

Also, we ask that you please make sure that when you submit the error report that the issue is presenting itself at the time of reporting.

Thank you so much for bearing with us, and make sure to keep your devices up to date with the latest software!

Steps for Submitting an error report:

1. Open the Menu

2. Press & Hold Samsung Members Icon, Then Tap Error Reports

3. Select the Category of Your Report

4. Make Sure That "Send System Log Data" is Selected to Help Resolve Your Questions Quickly and Describe Your Problem in Details (Make sure to include the hashtag #SCommunity)

5. Change the Frequency, and send.

*UPDATE:  Thank you all so much for submitting the error reports, as you all have played a part in helping us obtain a resolution. Currently, we were advised that a software update will be released soon to address these symptoms. Please make sure that you maintain the latest updates on your device! 

View solution in context

148 Replies
UnicornCassie
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Mine seems fine. I'm still plating around with it cause I just got it a few days ago but so far all seems great. I just play with the settings to fix any issues. Is it a settings issue or it's just like that?
Ash45
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
It's just like that, pictures come out over exposed all the time. My 2020 OP 8 pro handles it better than the s23 ultra.
a2ndlook
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I had a note9 which I traded in on the s23 ultra, and I'm having trouble too, and I'm in Portugal on vacation. Very frustrating...
0 Likes
xironmanx84
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
When you're about to take the picture, try tapping on the bright part of the picture to focus on it and then take the picture. I just tried it on my S23 ultra shooting the inside of my sliding glass doors with the blinds closed and sun shining on them. It dimmed the picture slightly but gave the blinds a little more detail and not as washed out from the bright sun.
Ash45
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Yeah you're right, but still it's not as good. Also it should be by default.
spagoot
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
It also postprocesses in a way that partially rejects the change to exposure you made. It's annoying because the photos they come out best are in dark lighting, which is cool and all that they designed an alorithm to process those so well, but it's ruining all other photography
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello, There.

Thank you so much for posting this. Samsung is looking into this situation further and would like to gather additional details and logs from the device to determine why this could be occurring. We would ask that anyone experiencing these symptoms submit an error report. In the details include the following hashtag:  #SCommunity

Also, we ask that you please make sure that when you submit the error report that the issue is presenting itself at the time of reporting.

Thank you so much for bearing with us, and make sure to keep your devices up to date with the latest software!

Steps for Submitting an error report:

1. Open the Menu

2. Press & Hold Samsung Members Icon, Then Tap Error Reports

3. Select the Category of Your Report

4. Make Sure That "Send System Log Data" is Selected to Help Resolve Your Questions Quickly and Describe Your Problem in Details (Make sure to include the hashtag #SCommunity)

5. Change the Frequency, and send.

*UPDATE:  Thank you all so much for submitting the error reports, as you all have played a part in helping us obtain a resolution. Currently, we were advised that a software update will be released soon to address these symptoms. Please make sure that you maintain the latest updates on your device! 

ek7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

The RAW files from s23 U camera looks overprocessed. More sharpness, ugly artifacts so on...
ExpertRaw - "RAW" option is not really looking like realm RAW file. I tried LMC GCam with sabre/skyking_14 configs and i think this is how raw files should look like: more desaturated colors good micro contrast and sharpness, but unfortunately its only 12mpx and some functions don't work and crashing.

I think camera is very important for smartphone costing 2k and its very important for a lot of people buying it.

So, Samsung please fix this issue and give us real natural looking RAW files, you have clear example with GCAM. The meaning of RAW file is that everyone can apply its own processing and pushing the files a bit more.

Options
Galaxy S23

Same problem over here, I hope Samsung can fix this quickle

0 Likes