JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23 ultra camera over exposed

(Topic created: 03-03-2023 10:04 AM)
Ash45
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

Notice top three window panes on the right side. There are bricks on the wall but in the picture it's totally blown up.

Is anyone facing camera oversaturation issue with s23 ultra ? 
JUMP TO SOLUTION
148 Replies
Biggus
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
Camera assistant is part of "good lock" by Samsung labs in the store, under the "life up" tab, and has to be downloaded from that program (it's the third app store nobody wanted!)

After it's installed it'll also show up as "advanced camera settings" in the settings menu of the camera itself

Samsung hides lots of their interesting UI customization options under that program before it's eventually put into OneUI (sometimes) so it's worth checking out the mess of other modules in it as well
0 Likes
coley05
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Thank you! I've been using auto in pro mode and adjusted my settings to lower saturation, shadows, and highlights then increase contrast. Typically it produces a better photo than the regular camera. Still wish the regular camera would save the picture as it appears on screen when you take it, and not over process
Desi08
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I was so excited to get this phone but i am extremely disappointed with the over processing. It's ruining my pictures. I'm considering using a different camera application to take my normal pictures. I'm not sure what I'll find but it'll be better than over sharpened, oversaturated pictures. The soft pictures are sooo nice until it gets auto edited. And I'm never satisfied with the chang of position in the edited picture. Like ever!
coley05
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I agree, even though auto pro mode has helped a little, the quality of photos aren't what I'd expect for a flagship phone. Especially if lighting isn't perfect or its nature photos. Please let me know if you find a good camera application!
ArturJarosz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

You can try GCAM. Visit the XDA forum for links and configuration.

Bar Ohayon
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Hey Coley, I had the same problem as you and found a solution:

Go to Camera- Camera Assistant- Capture Speed - Under High resolution choose the option: Faster Post Processing.

This will stop the auto processing after you take a picture that make the photos look unreal.

Good Luck

MZero1294
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I'm having the same issue, and I hate it. I won't use the 50 MP camera until we can turn off the auto processing.
0 Likes
Koala1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

Hi guys, just got S23 and I am terribly disappointed with the camera processing. The colors are unreal, pictures overexposed. It's a disaster..

Del_Wilson
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Galaxy S23 Ultra
Model Number: SM-S918U
Carrier: AT&T
One UI Version: 5.1
Android Version: 13

I love my S23 Ultra camera but I don't like how it automatically enhances each photo I take.

To demonstrate, I took a screenshot of my hand lotion as viewed in the Camera App lens (left) and put it side-by-side with the captured photo saved in Gallery (right):

Before and After.png

The captured photo is a bit sharper, more saturated, and has a reddish tinge to it that you cannot see on the camera lens alone - and that, to me, is the issue. I want my photos captured in the exact way that I see them. I think that any enhancements should be done only when prompted, as some users like myself want complete artistic control of the image. After all, when we hit the shutter button on our cameras, we expect the photos to come out as we saw them on the lens, right?

I also understand that most users aren't like me, and want the photos coming out in their best possible versions without the hassle of editing. I believe auto-enhancing is fine, as long as we have the option to disable it.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? Anyone with a fix? I already disabled whatever enhancers are available, like scene optimizer in camera settings, but the issue persists.

I spoke with Samsung Chat Support and asked them to escalate this to the appropriate department. Not sure if they really did it (I didn't get a ticket number) or how effective that really is, but that's the extent of what I can do at the moment.

Hoping for a software update to improve this.

Sun
Options
Galaxy S23
Unfortunately, unless you wanted to take a screenshot of the viewfinder instead of taking a picture, I don't think there is a way to reduce the post processing. I just want to make sure I understand this completely after looking at your pictures. You actually prefer the slightly blurry and dull color screenshot as opposed to a much clearer and slightly more illuminated picture?