Original topic:

Secure folder old backup data cannot restore.

(Topic created: 08-02-2024 01:17 AM)
aionlim
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

My phone's screen broke, sent it to samsung repair under warranty, then all my data was gone when I got my phone back.

I managed to backed up some data using switch for desktop before I sent it, but not my secure folder data.

now I looked into secure folder backup data, there is nothing to choose to backup, but when I go to delete backup data,  I can see the data that I backup in 2022.

how can I use that backup data to restore?

please help šŸ™ 

1000086408.jpg

ā€ƒ

1000086407.jpg

ā€ƒ

0 Likes
2 Replies
MrXGeekX
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
If your phone's screen broke and you sent it for repair under warranty, leading to data loss, you might still have a backup from 2022 visible in the "Delete backup data" section. To restore this, ensure your phone and Secure Folder app are updated, log out and back into your Samsung account, and clear the Secure Folder cache. Try restoring from Secure Folder settings, Samsung Cloud, or using Smart Switch for desktop if you backed up some data before the repair. If these steps fail, contact Samsung support for further assistance.
0 Likes
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S23
I believe the ability to back up and or restore secure folder was removed in Android 13 or Android 14 and even though a backup may have been done prior, the ability to restore no longer exists.
0 Likes