JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sharing cause UI to crash

(Topic created: 09-15-2023 09:29 AM)
miniwaves
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I've been trying to share various links through the share feature, and no matter which application I'm sharing from. It causes the application to crash. Is anyone else having this problem? Or know a solution?

EDIT:
I held down the volume down button + the power button and made the phone force restart. The UI started working again! Hopefully this solves the problem! 

EDIT EDIT:
The sharing stopped working again overnight...

EDIT EDIT EDIT:
Restarted my phone again the same way as described above ("EDIT") and it started working again. Not happy I have to restart my phone every so often just to share a link.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
lch001
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

In my case, clearing signal cache worked for a while. After some time, the problem got back, so I finally uninstalled it (I barely use it)

View solution in context

14 Replies
pro303
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I've been having the same issue as well. So far I haven't seen any solutions
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
Try these steps. With the phone powered off, press + hold power and volume up buttons until the Samsung logo disappears. Using volume keys, highlight Wipe cache partition, and then power to select and confirm. Returning to the previous menu, use volume to navigate to Repair apps, and power again to select and confirm if necessary. This will reindex all your apps.
0 Likes
chrispt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Noticed this today as well. Did the steps mentioned but it didn't solve the problem.
0 Likes
miniwaves
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I ended up force resetting my phone and it let me share links again without glitching
0 Likes
lch001
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

the same here. It is really unacceptable that a brand like Samsung allows bugs like this for so long. Samsung, are you going to do anything about beyond resenting terminals, etc,etc?

Edit: I managed to fix it. Basically I was reviewing what apps were updated when problems arised . I was removing apps that are "share receivers" (those registered as able to receive messages from other apps via system share option) and found out Signal was recently updated. I uninstalled signal and done, problem gone.

miniwaves
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
That makes sense! Signal is one of those apps that does change quite a bit of... Settings per say
Tim038
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Uninstalled signal after reading this and this has fixed the problem for me aswell, thx.

0 Likes
user5KsFmJq4zR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Same issues here. Also no solution other than what you mentioned which gets me one share, maybe

Update: I use messages primarily but clearing Signal's cache seemed fo get the job done
Solution
lch001
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

In my case, clearing signal cache worked for a while. After some time, the problem got back, so I finally uninstalled it (I barely use it)