Original topic:

Should the S-Pen have a headphone port?

(Topic created: 08-01-2024 09:23 PM)
cleverEyes
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I was messing around with my S-Pen Pro and realized it had a USBV port but also I had a headphone jack to USB-C adapter.

I thought to try plugging my headphones into the pen, just to try. Obviously, it had not worked, but it got me thinking. It makes perfect sense for the S Pen family to have headphone jacks.

Appealing to Headphone Jack Enthusiasts It would appease the headphone jack enthusiasts.

Transforming into Wireless Headphones Taking the pen out while plugged in would transform headphones into wireless headphones thanks to Bluetooth, providing extra use for people who find SPens useless.

Waterproofing Advantage A big one - apparently, headphone jacks are horrible for waterproofing. If the phone were submerged underwater, there is still a very likely chance of the phone's survival (albeit the pen not as much).

Competitive Advantage Paired with Samsung Music, or the Galaxy Watch, and Samsung would have a really competitive advantage in the market.

I think Samsung and it's consumers would both benefit if the Pens had headphone jacks, it would introduce a lot of people into spens who wouldn't have otherwise considered it.

3 Replies
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
Genuinely one of the worst ideas I've ever seen proposed on here.
0 Likes
cleverEyes
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
That's fair but I'd like to better understand the downsides you're seeing. To me it sounds like a fantastic idea but I'd love to see your perspective šŸ™‚
0 Likes
Mac-18
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Not a bad idea
0 Likes