Software update causes loss of function

(Topic created: yesterday)
BearhawkBoston
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

inbound3556669452019439170.jpg

ā€ƒ

A software update over a month ago changed the Edge screen on my Galaxy S23 Ultra and removed the Smart Capture capability to create GIFs and to capture ovals directly from my screen. These are two functions I use very often in my correspondence with my clients. I was assured by three different support staff that it would, in no uncertain terms, be restored with the next update. That update occurred last night and the feature is still missing. I have been told by 5 different representatives at Samsung that the feature would absolutely return with last night's update. I want it back. I have sent messages using the chat function on the Samsung members Facebook page and never received a response.  I was directly lied to by each of these Samsung representatives, each one guaranteeing that the oversight would be corrected "very quickly" and that the next upcoming update would return the function. 

Even the text message I got with a satisfaction survey failed, continuously asking the same question again and again. 

I am disappointed with the update and the removal of a very important function without consideration for customers like myself using it, but I am even more upset with the incredibly poor response I have received from support. It has definitely shaken confidence in the Samsung product line and I do not know if I will purchase again from this company. 

5 Replies
PrivacyandSecurity
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I haven't gotten it. However, I do have the AI features and that panel on my phone. I use it too.
0 Likes
PrivacyandSecurity
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Can you smart select it using spen still? That's another way to have access to it.
0 Likes
BearhawkBoston
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
There is no option even with the pen
0 Likes
PrivacyandSecurity
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
What?
0 Likes
PrivacyandSecurity
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
That is crazy. Either it offended its partners. Was allowing Samsung device users to snip and archive information like from an AI hallucination screen or it violated something. Thanks, I'm not updating too lose features. AI has no value to me.
0 Likes