Original topic:

Super fast charger clicks on and off constantly

(Topic created: 3 hours ago)
userp9DidDS7yJ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
The charging port is clean, it's a 45 watt block that works fine with a slow cable, but using a cable that supports super fast charging makes the charge constantly click on and off. I've always used a slow charger because of this, and I have bought many different chargers and cables that have done the same thing
12 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23

The whole purpose of USB-C is that there is no upside down.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23

Oh, and also, for a charger to be super fast, it's not just the wattage. It needs to be USB C, so you would need a cable that is USB C at both ends.

20240721_170801_1000070291_1721596083.jpg

20240721_170731_1000070290_1721596052.jpg

I've had chargers that claimed to be super fast chargers, but came with a USB A slot so, at best, would have only supported fast charging, not super fast.

0 Likes
SorchaKenZ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
It is preferred, if you ask a Samsung tech, that you use only Samsung blocks and Samsung brand cards with their devices because the specs are specific to their devices. Getting one from a convenient store or Walmart does not ensure that it is made specifically for Samsung devices, therefore most of the time it's best to stick with what goes with the device and not buy off-brand. I don't use any kind of blocks nor cords that didn't come with my devices, no matter what.
0 Likes