JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to Clear Cache in Galaxy S23 Ultra

(Topic created: 03-14-2024 05:37 PM)
Sammix
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23

When I follow Samsung's official instructions to clear the cache in my up-to-date Galaxy S23 Ultra, I am brought to an aqua colored screen that says "Downloading ..." and is accompanied by lots of cryptic (to me) technical information, like Carrier, RPMB, CURRENT BINARY, FRP Lock, KG Status, etc.

The VOLUME UP button does nothing and the VOLUME DOWN button just dims the screen. Pressing the side button restarts the phone and I'm back where I started.

I just want to clear the cache - why is it so hard?

14 Replies
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
On my Tab S9, I don't have to connect to anything to access the bootloader menu.
It's the same as my phone!
0 Likes
userImizherPxv
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
So I have a question. What cache are you trying to clear? That isn't accessible through the application files or through folders. Or are you saying you're well? Are you all giving instructions to clear? All cache, including that which is in the applications folder including that, which may be trash ghost image files. And everything else that I don't know about?
0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
It's to Wipe Cache Partition, systems cache, instead of app caches. It's for when there are buggy system problems
0 Likes
userImizherPxv
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Yes, I am certain I would break the internet. If I did that or at bare minimum further damage my device. But I've been more comfortable with performing maintenance and things like that and I guess ultimately doing more. So how? Did you know that it was time to move towards I? Guess doing something to device because it was becoming buggy. How? Did you know that a particular you know a short coming? Or fill your with your device, you know what? What? What caused you in realize that?
0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
I do it once a week, usually every Sunday night.

It keeps my phone in tip top shape.
0 Likes