Original topic:

Videos without sound

(Topic created: Wednesday)
Maritzalopez23
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
My videos recorded on samsung camera no 3rd party app keep getting saved without sound. Why is this happening? I've noticed it happens in places where there is loud music/noise. Happened to me at a concert all my videos were saved with no sound and tonight at a baseball game all videos don't have sound. But if I record a video at home there is sound on those. What is happening?
8 Replies
Sean_Read
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

If these third-party apps are social media platforms, like Facebook, they sometimes mute the audio by default. This might be a simple suggestion, but when capturing footage through a third-party app, can you open the viewfinder and check to make sure the mute button isnā€™t pre-selected?

0 Likes
Maritzalopez23
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
No, I am not using a 3rd party app. I am recording off the Samsung camera and all my videos have the sound removed from them lately.
0 Likes
Sean_Read
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Could you try holding down the camera icon, pressing the settings icon to go to the app info, clearing the cache, and then trying it again?

0 Likes
Maritzalopez23
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I'm not seeing the option to clear the cache?1726045998838_1726045998830_0.jpg
0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
Long press on the camera icon, there will be a popup, tap on the circle with the letter i in it. Scroll down to storage, tap on it, clear cache
Maritzalopez23
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
What am I missing?1726046035804.jpg
0 Likes
Sean_Read
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Not those settings. From the home screen, where you see the camera icon, hold down on it until a submenu appears with shortcuts. Youā€™ll see a little ā€œiā€ in the corner. Tap it, scroll down to "Storage," and press it. Youā€™ll then have the option to either clear data or clear the cache. Select "Clear Cache."

0 Likes
Maritzalopez23
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Thank you. I've cleared it now. I'll see in a loud setting if this helps with the sound being removed as it seems it only does this when videos are taking in a loud setting. I just ran a phone diagnostic and seems like Mic 1 is failing..