Original topic:

Voicemail Icon Missing

(Topic created: 07-31-2024 08:33 AM)
Tahoeadams
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I accidentally deleted my voicemail icon from my homescreen and can't find it anywhere to add it back. I looked under all the apps, not there. Looked in settings under downloaded apps, not there. But when I get a voicemail I get a notification and can click on it to pull up the voicemail application.

How do I get the icon back on my homescreen?
0 Likes
24 Replies
Tahoeadams
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Nope. Now I just have to go thru the phone app and in it's side menu I can select virtual voicemail.
0 Likes
DickWheawill
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
That's just weird..it's been basic android since day one.what phone and contact app are you using
0 Likes
Tahoeadams
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
S23 and it's the contact app that came eith the phone.
0 Likes
DickWheawill
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
That's the Samsung. Try downloading the Google contact from play store
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23

To add the voicemail contact back to your home screen, you need to add it as a widget.  Long press on a blank area of the screen, select widgets from the menu panel at the bottom, search for contacts.  Add the "direct dial" widget for the single contact or the one for multiple direct dials , if there are others you want to have immediate dialing access to.  Once you select "add" to the widget, it will open your contacts to add.

Screenshot_20240828_113414_One UI Home.jpg

You can adjust the transparency of the multi widget to blend in with your wallpaper by long pressing on the widget and selecting settings and moving the transparency slider to the desired transparency.

0 Likes