Original topic:

When connected to my cars Bluetooth my music stops.

(Topic created: a week ago)
SouthpawChick
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I play my music using YouTube music and connect thru Bluetooth in my car. Some days it'll work fine but most days it'll just randomly stop playing the music. What could be causing this any advice ? Also it only happens wh3n connected to my car Bluetooth and my other half has a galaxy s23 and his don't do this at all. Please help!!!
Kari Lynn
22 Replies
Options
Galaxy S23
Does your vehicle have android auto capabilities? Your phone trying to switch would stop the Bluetooth audio. I know some early android auto vehicles had the feature blocked behind a subscription to the car manufacturer.

If not it could be something set in Modes and Routines that tell it to turn off bluetooth while charging.
SouthpawChick
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I believe my car does have android auto capabilities. I know it's got entune as well.
Kari Lynn
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
Yeah so android auto is killing your Bluetooth connection and attempting to take over
SouthpawChick
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Oh wow. Is there a way around that?! Or do I have to sign up for Android auto?
Kari Lynn
0 Likes
SouthpawChick
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
It's a 2019 toyota highlander if that helps
Kari Lynn
0 Likes
SouthpawChick
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
According to this android auto link it's not compatible with my vehicle apparently. So maybe it's the entune software that toyota has doing it? Idk1720536806747.jpg
Kari Lynn
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
I'm not too familiar with untune or toyota. I know my 2018 Nissan Rogue has android auto and while it'll connect to my Bluetooth automatically, if I plug in my phone it auto switches to android auto. How you can find a solution!
SouthpawChick
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Thank u I think I did find one which would be replacing the system with wireless android auto equipment
Kari Lynn
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
Oh before you spend money, those only work if your radio already does wired android auto. Also, if you have another USB port (like in the glove box or one of those cigarette lighter chargers) the radio can't see those, they are only for charging. That way your radio won't try to stop your bluetooth.