Original topic:

Why are apps update slow?

(Topic created: Saturday)
Shou Miko
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

In the past 6months or so I been feeling that apps installed from the Google Play Store has been received updated from anywhere from a 1 week to 4weeks if not much later.

Some apps like Mozilla Firefox I see a update on the Galaxy store and it can take days before I receive on Google Play store this is just one example of many sometimes I can even see a app that I use on a daily basis doesn't gets when update even when I check than suddenly a day or 2 later a update that is like 3months old appears and then a couple of days later updates for the same app can appear again.

I am wondering this because the Galaxy store is pretty fast updating but I feel like everything on Google Play store is just delayed is this because it's a Samsung Galaxy device and not a Google Pixel?

I ask because my last phone was a iPhone 12 Pro Max that I changed over to a Samsung Galaxy S23 256/8GB model and I really enjoying this smaller size of smartphone but the delayed apps update is worrying me and sometimes it's annoying when I have issues that is fixed in a update that I don't get until much later.

I hope everything can have a good weekend.

4 Replies
Options
Galaxy S23
You don't have to wait for play store updates, you can quickly check them anytime just by long pressing the play store icon and tapping "my apps". That will instantly check for updates. I check daily that way. Same for the galaxy store. Long press on that icon and tap "update apps". Quick and easy.
0 Likes
Shou Miko
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I check several times a day but I can still see updates are delayed on the Google Play store when it shows that the update was released.

Like the latest version of the TP-Link Deco app it was released on the 16th of June and my phone received it yesterday that's a long time after the update was released that's just one example.

Google messenges was updated on the 2nd of July in the Google play store and my S23 also received this update yesterday.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
Yeah, that's true. Not sure why it's like that. I've been on android since 2010 so to me that's just normal the way app updates are released. Never even thought to question it. I figure that as long as they come, it's all good.
0 Likes
meself
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Noticed on mine a update could show a release date days or ip to week after it appears
0 Likes