JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Why do I not receive the update descriptions

(Topic created: 06-28-2023 07:58 PM)
Cyberwasp
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23

I followed the note 20 and now the S23 ultra groups on facebook. A lot of times they post a screen shot from their phones software update screen. It shows tons of info about the update. 

When I check for an update and there is one, it just says, there's an update, hit ok to proceed. But it never lists stuff that the other people see, like the image below. Any idea why mine is so brief? TIA

sw.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@Cyberwasp 

Maybe it's the way it comes from your carrier? I use unlocked Samsung phones, and for me, updates always have a detailed description, but if you have a carrier version, like AT&T or Verizon, the carrier is the one who pushed the update to your phone, and they might just have it set up this way.

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

View solution in context

5 Replies
Solution
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@Cyberwasp 

Maybe it's the way it comes from your carrier? I use unlocked Samsung phones, and for me, updates always have a detailed description, but if you have a carrier version, like AT&T or Verizon, the carrier is the one who pushed the update to your phone, and they might just have it set up this way.

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S23
Automatic updates used to be enforced on AT&T and Verizon. Now, they are enforced on most major US carriers.
• AT&T: 3 postpones
• Verizon: 10 postpones
• All other carriers (including Wi-Fi variants): Between 48-72 hours after download, usually occurs overnight
graylion92
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Same here with Att, I have a s23 ultra and just keeps on downloading updates but I'm not sure what was updated. So there is no fix to this?

KatFace
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
Wait, so did you get the June update?
graylion92
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Yes, not automatically but had to manually check for updates. I don't see any difference on the phone, UI or performance