JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Wi-Fi continuously drops

(Topic created: 06-30-2023 11:52 AM)
Cheezusrice
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I have had constant drops in Wi-Fi recently. It does not matter what Wi-Fi network I connect to, it will drop after inactivity on the phone. If I let the screen time out, and estimated wait of 5 minutes, I will be connected to wi-fi with no internet. This is every network I connect to, Xfinity, Home, Friend's Wi-Fi, and work Wi-Fi.

I have reset the network settings, and reset my home network settings. I have wiped the cache. I have reset the phone to factory settings. I have followed numerous troubleshooting steps like changing IP settings from DHCP to Static and inputting the IP address of my router.  I have opened developer options and enabled Wi-fi safe mode, disabled throttling. You name it and I have probably done it. 

It is an AT&T-branded S22 Ultra and I have had it since it was launched last year. I keep it updated with security patches, and It's been doing it since I think the May or June patch. I couldn't tell you exactly. 

Does anyone have any other solutions? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AlienInside
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
I also have an At&t S22 Ultra where the wifi keeps randomly disconnecting. I think I solved mine by going into settings/ connections/ wifi/ the top right 3 dots /intelligent wifi and turning off automatically switch to data and switch to better wifi.
AT&T S22 Ultra Phantom Black 512GB >Baseband version:S908USQU2BVK1

View solution in context

11 Replies
Solution
AlienInside
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
I also have an At&t S22 Ultra where the wifi keeps randomly disconnecting. I think I solved mine by going into settings/ connections/ wifi/ the top right 3 dots /intelligent wifi and turning off automatically switch to data and switch to better wifi.
AT&T S22 Ultra Phantom Black 512GB >Baseband version:S908USQU2BVK1
Cheezusrice
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Half a day later and I have not disconnected. This may be the answer.

Intelligent Wi-Fi is not so intelligent
0 Likes
ashleigh42
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Mine is already off and I'm still having this issue
Willygoat71
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Mine started disconnecting from wifi about a week ago and now it won't connect at all just turns right off and I've tried everything.
0 Likes
totti
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Why didn't you replace it when warranty was still around? It definitely sound internal issue.
0 Likes
Cheezusrice
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
It just recently started in May or June.
0 Likes
mcohenmn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Don't close this issue out. It's still happening to me and I followed all these suggestions above. Following the Dec 2023 update

Cheezusrice
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Good luck! I ended up switching to the pixel when it launched. 

0 Likes
usernVpowm8giU
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

This issue has cropped up for me in the recent weeks. Galaxy S22+. 

I can turn wifi off and back on immediately and it's good for awhile. I tried the suggestion above and turned off "auto switch, etc." didn't work. 

0 Likes