Original topic:

battery reading wrong and phone turns off thinking it's dead

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
sarkisjulian
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
so I've had my phone for one year everything is original nothing has been repaired or replaced.
but I noticed in the last month or so the battery seems to randomly say it's low and in the red then I plug it in to charge and it corrects itself showing correct charge.
the new issue that just happened is it was at 87% and just died out of nowhere and couldn't get it to turn on, once I plugged in charger it finally decided to turn on. any help please ?
I reset battery using the *#9900# command.
0 Likes
3 Replies
MrGhoul
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
The reason behind these inconsistent battery readings are mostly the battery being uncalibrated. Namely, after some time of use, batteries will degrade. 

The important thing to do is to recalibrate the battery. Follow the instructions below:

1. Discharge your phone fully until the phone turns off and the battery drains completely.
2. Turn it on again and wait until it turns off.
3. Plug your phone into a wall socket, without turning it on, and charge it until the on-screen indicator says ā€100 percentā€.
4. Unplug your device.
5. Turn your device on. If the battery percentage is not at 100%, plug the charger again until the UI shows that the battery is 100% full.
6. Unplug your phone and restart it. If the battery is still not at 100%, plug in the charger and charge it until the battery is 100% full.
7. Repeat this cycle until it says 100 percent.
8. Now, discharge your battery until the phone turns off by itself.
9. Fully charge the battery one more time. Donā€™t turn on the device or disrupt charging.
After that, readings of the battery percentage should be more on point.
0 Likes
sarkisjulian
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
thanks I will attempt this and see what happens
MrGhoul
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Hope it works for you
0 Likes