JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

s23 ultra does not convert speech to text when using mobile data

(Topic created: 08-21-2024 11:31 PM)
bbxrider
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

everything speech to text works fine when using wifi. When out of wifi range and connected via 5g, speech to text does not work. all other internet connectivity, eg, browsing, google maps, etc works ok. I'm using xfinity. since other internet connectivity is ok, I don't think its a xfinity issue but something in the phone. some obscure setting somewhere? that I can't find. driving me crazy why such a basic functionality is not working. it doens't matter if I use google voice typing or samsung.  have not yet tried a factory reset but am dubious that would help until I hear it solved the issue for somebody else

0 Likes
4 Replies
MrGhoul
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Hi, Try wiping the cache partition to see if that helps.

Follow the steps below, If you wish to go ahead:

Clear the cache partition
- Press and hold the Volume Up key, then press and hold the Side key.
- When the Android system recovery menu options show release buttons.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press Side key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, then press the Side key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Side key to restart the device.
0 Likes
bbxrider
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

thanks but the steps don't work on my phone, here's what I get below

and

whats the deal to insert an image, it needs a link? fyi, in google photos when share link is created, it allows anyone with the link  to see all my google photos, not going to do that here

- Press and hold the Volume Up key, then press and hold the Side key.
- When the Android system recovery menu options show release buttons. ??
I don't get a 'recovery menu' see attached, its the restart menu/power off/medical info/emergency call menu
what do you mean 'show release buttons' ?
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition. didn't think this would work but checked and pressing down volume button only moves the volume slider down
at this point no need to go further with questions until the above gets straightened out
- Press Side key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, then press the Side key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Side key to restart the device.

0 Likes
MrGhoul
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Hi, click on the link below and follow the instructions to clear the cache partition. shut phone down first to proceed with the instructions.
NOTE: BE CAREFUL AND DON'T SELECT "WIPE DATA/ FACTORY RESET", OTHERWISE YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR FILES AND DATA!

https://www.galaxys23usermanual.com/wipe-cache-partition-samsung-s23-series/
0 Likes
Solution
bbxrider
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

thanks, for the follow up, in the interim I queried gemini and got essentially the same instructions, from that it was much easier to navigate the funky and confusing terminology. I got the 'recovery/boot screen and did the cache clear. It seems to have solved the issue. its still mind boggling to me that such basic functionality can be disrupted, but whatever, now I know when things go haywire again, I can cross fingers and do a cache reset before having to do a factory reset

0 Likes