JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

samsung galaxy S23 ultra speaker noise

(Topic created: 03-27-2023 02:45 PM)
Bryanso001
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Why do i hear a crackling sound from my speaker when i touch the keys of any sound is played on the phone. This is not the normal touch sound.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello, Welcome to the Community! We definitely understand the concern with the Galaxy S23 crackling from the speaker. We recommend trying some basic troubleshooting steps, to see if they may remedy the situation. 

If this does not help, we recommend letting a service technician have a look. Or if you just purchased the phone contact the retailer to see what the return/replacement options are. 

You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by contacting customer support at 1-800-726-7864.

For assistance outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html 

View solution in context

9 Replies
420bunny
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Have ya tried changing the sound for that particular option just to see if it's the sound ya got selected cuz dep on where the sound file came from iflve had some do this not exactly but it myaswell been this not playable or useable I guess but I'd assume the speaker has a prob if it always does it but test the playback thru earbuds tests etc try it all & find out if there's any successful sounds without this then go from there if ya already did it sorry I can't help more just ny thots passing thru I'd ya will best of luck ✌️
0 Likes
420bunny
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Whoops forgot to mention depending on the app ur listening to for example I've esp strange playback thru my speaker in Spotify free & pro versions do this but it's similar in that when I get notifications for ex the phone w/lower my device volume automaticly as I'm assuming a courtesy for a brief sec then it's supposed to resume the norm volume level but mine occasionally won't resume will stay the lowered or muted sound after that. I've figured out that going into Spotify's settings changing like several such as "normalize playback volume" (don't quote me on these but they're close enuf w/o looking lol) etc but most know using the built in EQ on apps not Samsung I assume can certainly screw up ur phones ability to properly playback anything if using it but even if u don't see any settings what's built in could possibly it's unlikely but it's possible so pay attn to what ur using at the time or even what's open cuz it can alter it speaker playback or the sounds of quality of the sound ur actually hearing hope it helps. I know it won't exact but it's all I had that was close that may lead ya there to better sound experience l8tr ✌️ good luck
0 Likes
Bryanso001
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I tried this as well. Am now convinced it is the speaker. I took it to a AT&T store and they also concluded the same.
0 Likes
Bryanso001
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I tried the earbuds test and there is no feedback so i am now assuming it is something wring with thr speaker
0 Likes
Bbira_삐라
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

so it can be your speaker issue from your device. this isnt anything matter with your app or your bluetooth headset. 

#1, try to go to near your best buy or Samsung Repair center. 

#2, ask them to run diagnostics

#3, also you can check yourself. ( dial *#0*# )  and you can also run diagnostics yourself. 

#4, go to top and bottom speaker and you can find which speaker issue. 

#5, usually cost of repair your device speak will be around $70 plus tax. 

if someone charging you more than that,>??? thats not realy samsung repair price. 

0 Likes
Bryanso001
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Thank you very much. The phonenis still under warranty so i will seek to return it.
Bbira_삐라
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
If you still under wty period, then they can repair for free. Or you may contact 1-800-samsung and get replacement.
0 Likes
Bryanso001
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Awesome, i will call them in the morning. Thank you for this information.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello, Welcome to the Community! We definitely understand the concern with the Galaxy S23 crackling from the speaker. We recommend trying some basic troubleshooting steps, to see if they may remedy the situation. 

If this does not help, we recommend letting a service technician have a look. Or if you just purchased the phone contact the retailer to see what the return/replacement options are. 

You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by contacting customer support at 1-800-726-7864.

For assistance outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html