Original topic:

AOD Auto wont turn off the screen when in pocket

(Topic created: 02-23-2024 05:39 AM)
Teed1986
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

After the recent update, the AOD in auto mode does not turn off the screen when the phone is in the pocket.
As I use AOD and wallpaper in this mode, this function was quite important to reduce battery consumption when the phone is in the pocket.
Before the update, putting it in the pocket would turn off the screen after about 10 seconds.
Now, the screen keeps being on, as if the phone recognizes that I am holding it.
Paradoxically, leaving it in a dark place (drawer) without movement causes the screen to turn off after a few minutes. However, this only works when the phone is motionless and in a dark place.... but the pocket doesn't seem to be recognized any longer.

11 Replies
dani514
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
same issue here after the update
userwK5QfhP5ks
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Same here. This is a problem as AOD can be a major battery hog without auto off. Samsung needs to fix this quickly.

userwK5QfhP5ks
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Mine appears to be working correctly again. Seemed to settle down on its own after a few hours but I cleared AOD cache and restarted just to be sure.
0 Likes
Ssb2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

How'd you do that 

0 Likes
userwK5QfhP5ks
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I don't do anything. It always malfunctions for the first 12-24 hours after a restart, then starts working correctly all by itself. I have no idea why.
0 Likes
userwK5QfhP5ks
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Annnnd now the problem has returned after a restart. As with the OP, this wasn't an issue for me before the update.
Teed1986
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I managed to restore the normal operation of Auto AOD after a couple of hours of toggling the on/off function of Accidental Touch Protection in Display settings.
Unfortunately, I can't say for sure if that's the reason or if AOD just starts working after some time.
One thing is certain, restarting the phone brings back the same problem, and AOD doesn't work properly again.
The only option is not to restart the phone. 🤣

btw... Same issue on my brothers S24u.
But it's not really surprising that few people are reporting it, because not many people use the AOD function in auto mode i guess and they probably don't compulsively check if the screen is on in their pocket. 😑

Keetn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Still having this problem. Samsung please fix this annoying bug.

Dezsu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Has this been fixed for you guys? I'm still having the same problem on April update.

0 Likes