JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Ai camera optimizer

(Topic created: Monday)
Breski
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I just got the S24 Ultra (switched from S22 Ultra) and I'm having issues with AI editing every picture I take. I'm an amateur photographer and it makes me sad when it ruins pictures that didn't need editing. Is there a way to turn it off completely without using a 3rd party camera app? I've already minimized the settings on everything and it's still doing it. 
4 Replies
photosbyraffy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
In the settings you can turn off scene optimiser.

By default it'll still process the images to JPG and apply HDR.

If you didn't want that, whole bunch of apps available- easiest is to use Samsung Expert RAW.

Otherwise, On1 Raw and a bunch of others will do the same
Solution
R_NZ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Easiest way is to simply use pro mode. It'll take the picture in it's "RAW" format which has no post editing, however has the during photo ai enhancement. You could download Samsungs branch company app 'good lock' and use the camera assistant extension to 1. Turn off adaptive Pixle, 2. Turn off upscale zoom, and 3. Turn up picture softening which pretty much undoes the in the moment ai with post processing centered towards the opposite. It's not perfect but it's pretty close
Breski
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Thank you so much! I was having issues downloading their extension but I figured it out
R_NZ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Another thing is that the 12mp relies on ai more than the 50 and 200 and it shows in colors.
0 Likes