Original topic:

Android Auto not working even on USB cable

(Topic created: 01-27-2024 02:03 PM)
userzdF4GnjBCf
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Android Auto worked on my 2019 Honda CR-V on USB cable and Motorola wireless adapter with my S-23 Ultra just fine. S-24 Ultra it does not work at all with either cable or adapter. Screen comes up and says connect USB cable but does not recognize the connection. Adapter shows loading on CR-V screen but never loads. Is this function now just totally broken?

I should add that I have tried multiple 6" high grade 10 gb cables, cleared cash and data and all of the other suggestions I could find on the net and it still does not work. S-23 with 6.0 UI works perfectly. S-24 with 6.1 does not work at all. Both with Android 14.

Update (02/17/24): My AA is still working on Motorola wireless just fine. In fact it is working better than it did on my S22U and S23U. On those phones often when I had a low cell signal it would spool and I would lose my music or it would not start at all. This hasn't happened once with the S24U. Maybe better antenna? Weather and Radar app pops right on the screen when it used to take minutes. I did notice yesterday that in all my fooling around I had turned on AA Developer mode and checked Wireless Android Auto at the top of the list. Don't know what effect this has but you might try it. 

How to enable Android Autoā€™s developer mode

1. In your phoneā€™s settings, search for ā€œAndroid Auto.ā€
  2. Once you find the setting, tap it and you should find yourself in the Android Auto app.
  3. Scroll down and tap Version 10 times.
  4. Hit OK.
  5. Access developer settings by tapping the three-dot button at the top-right corner and taping Developer settings.
133 Replies
tc8510
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Have you tried deleting previously stored phones?

Wired or wireless? Scan for phone from the headunit 1st if wireless.

I use wireless and it was an instant connect.
0 Likes
danieljk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
No I don't stored phones , I use wired because kia carnival only use USB cable to connect Android auto
0 Likes
Casey88
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
So I have seen a lot of posts about the Ultra having issues. 

I have had a great experience with my 24+ the past 4 days...except....

I do agree with the lack of customizable options for AOD, I reported it an got some odd response saying they didn't get enough info and needed a video or screenshot (not sure how I'd do that) and to make sure the software is up to date, although I'm not sure which software they're talking about (I checked everything I can think of and everything is current) but that doesn't make sense for this as it isn't a software issue. 

Plus, when I send a report it just gets stuck on the sending report notification and never confirms that it collected the logs. 

Also...the reason for this post...the only issue I have had...android auto cuts out when streaming music, it's almost unusable. It cuts out every couple minutes. I reported this as well but got the same response as I did with the AOD report (I can't take video while driving, that's unsafe, so šŸ¤”). Again, they said to make sure my software was up to date but which software? 

Am I the only one experiencing this problem? Anyone know how to go about fixing it? 

Otherwise the phone is great!
Tarek99
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
No sir the phone is not great. If they didn't fix everything in the upcoming days everybody is returning it ... can't customize aod .. navigation bar . Colors are **bleep** . The phone change to high contrast on its own
Casey88
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Ma'am* and I'm not having any issues with the color or it changing to high contrast. Not sure what is wrong with the navigation bar either, I don't see a problem. I have the 24+ not the ultra.

Yes the lack of customization sucks but I'm hoping that'll be fixed. As I said, the only actual issue I'm having is with Android Auto.
0 Likes
Tarek99
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Open a post on Instagram and see how it goes to high contrast.. compare that to another phone next to it
0 Likes
Casey88
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
I believe you, I'm just saying, mine hasn't done that, nor have I had any issues with the screen color or anything
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

This could be an Instagram issue.  Please note other software that this is occurring with.

0 Likes
Guillodean
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have an S24 ultra and AA is not working well with it at all. On my way to work this morning it was fine wirelessly but it took ages to load up.  On the way home it disconnected/reconnected several times and only stopped doing it when I plugged it in, but even then it stuttered a couple of times after about 10-15 mins.  Previous phone was an S22+ which was always fine wired or wirelessly.   A quick Google search shows this is a known issue - one they need to sort quickly!

Casey88
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Good to know! My 22+ always worked perfectly as well, except when maps gave directions there was a slight stutter during the first word whereas now there isn't. But now it has disconnected on me a few times just like you were saying, and my music cuts off a lot