Original topic:

Android Auto not working even on USB cable

(Topic created: 01-27-2024 02:03 PM)
userzdF4GnjBCf
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Android Auto worked on my 2019 Honda CR-V on USB cable and Motorola wireless adapter with my S-23 Ultra just fine. S-24 Ultra it does not work at all with either cable or adapter. Screen comes up and says connect USB cable but does not recognize the connection. Adapter shows loading on CR-V screen but never loads. Is this function now just totally broken?

I should add that I have tried multiple 6" high grade 10 gb cables, cleared cash and data and all of the other suggestions I could find on the net and it still does not work. S-23 with 6.0 UI works perfectly. S-24 with 6.1 does not work at all. Both with Android 14.

Update (02/17/24): My AA is still working on Motorola wireless just fine. In fact it is working better than it did on my S22U and S23U. On those phones often when I had a low cell signal it would spool and I would lose my music or it would not start at all. This hasn't happened once with the S24U. Maybe better antenna? Weather and Radar app pops right on the screen when it used to take minutes. I did notice yesterday that in all my fooling around I had turned on AA Developer mode and checked Wireless Android Auto at the top of the list. Don't know what effect this has but you might try it. 

How to enable Android Autoā€™s developer mode

1. In your phoneā€™s settings, search for ā€œAndroid Auto.ā€
  2. Once you find the setting, tap it and you should find yourself in the Android Auto app.
  3. Scroll down and tap Version 10 times.
  4. Hit OK.
  5. Access developer settings by tapping the three-dot button at the top-right corner and taping Developer settings.
133 Replies
s24ultra
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

I have been having intermittent connection issues with my brand new S24 Ultra. I at first thought it may be the cable, but no. The cable is fine as I have tried multiple cables. I am glad I found your post. I hope that this is a software issue and not a charging port issue. That would suck if the majority of us had to send our phones in to get a different charging port.

0 Likes
deafhvn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Yup having the same issue. I have a 2021 Ford ranger. Never had an issue with my apple carplay. Switched to samsung S24 ultra and now nothing but issues. Android Auto will connect then disconnect randomly. Sometimes 5 minutes into the drive sometimes less.
0 Likes
userk7q2ezklN0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
AA, wired, not working with S24 Ultra in 2022 Honda.
s24ultra
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

having the same issue in my veloster

0 Likes
TiberiusReigns
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
AA wired not working with Buick Enclave for S24 Ultra. Coming from Note10+ where it worked fine
0 Likes
RMR175
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
So update on my issue. Long story short, I had an aftermarket cable between my radio and my phone. It worked for the S22u but not for the s24u. I replaced the cable with a different one and it worked. I had to pull the radio out but it was worth it. It sucks but try a different cable from the radio itself and see if that helps your issues.
0 Likes
s24ultra
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

I've tried multiple different cables. How many did you try and what type of cable are you using which is allowing it to work fluidly? 

0 Likes
Mario-MKA
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

S24 ultra totally brand new,  car audi A5 2017 . Cable brand new usb-c 3.2 ( gen 2) 

Car infotainment system full reset.  AA fresh connected- keeps dropping out.  

Noticed one interesting thing,  if connect and don't use just enabled screen on AA on car it's Stays  Connected.  If just enable  example waze - dropping out really quick.  

100% software issue.  Hope samsung will take actions on it. 

Mario-MKA
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Solved issue šŸ‘Œ all ok posted in comments 

0 Likes
s24ultra
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

that's good to hear. I hope its a software issue and that it gets resolved fairly quickly given that most of us have given thousands of dollars to buy something that has obvious software failures you would expect to have been tested already given it's price.